Semi-Agressive aquarium advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isaacani

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 46G freshwater aquarium for a month now and loving it.

So far I have:

2 male Dwarf Gôuramis (so far no fights)
3 Silver Dollars.

They are together for the last week and so far so good. I am looking to add Angel fish and Pictus Catfish.

Does it make sense? Should I consider other fish? I would like to have a peaceful environment.

Gouramis are awesome. I currently have a 30 G gourami only tank. Gouramis aren't very aggressive in my experience, they jus don't take no crap lol. If they get messed with they will fight back. Anyway..

Oops submitted the response before I was done lol. Like I was saying. Angels could b a good addition, I personally have never owned Angels. Some can be aggressive I've heard (part of the Cichlid). Keep that in mind add some just keep an eye out. As long as the gouramis aren't small and the angels are big, you should be good..

Good luck hope this helps..

Thanks DjBootleg.. according to Pet Smart the Angel fish are part of the semi-aggressive family. I will give it a try and buy one smaller than the Gouramis :)

If you want something amazing to add look around for a REd tail shark but he needs to go in last I've had several in my life and they can be territorial. But they won't fight if they go in last

Silver dollars get too big and need 5 of them at least. Please rehome them. Also, what kind of gouramis?

Thanks DjBootleg.. according to Pet Smart the Angel fish are part of the semi-aggressive family. I will give it a try and buy one smaller than the Gouramis :)

No problem. Let us know how it goes.. Good luck.

I agree the tank is too small for silver dollars or a redtail shark. It's not the size of the RTS but the size of its territory. If the tank is too small it will claim the entire thing and harass or kill all who come near.

Yeah but with only two dwarfs they'll be fine those two fish are perfect for each other

Hour amid and the shark go good together but I don't think he wants one anyway soooo.....

Back
Top Bottom