Starting Over – AGAIN!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahsunshine

Aquarium Advice Activist
I made a tragic mistake last week. What with all the family visiting, chasing the kids, Christmas, new years, and traveling all over, I was distracted and forgot to add the water conditioner when I changed the water on my goldfish tank… all three died, both Ryukin and the feeder. I am most annoyed at my own stupidity:uzi:. (Fortunately I didn’t have time to change the water in my tropical tank that day ;) )

In any case, I did another water change on it (remembering the conditioner this time) and DH went out and purchased 4 white cloud minnows to keep the cycle going. Considering it’s only a 10g tank (possibly moving to a 20g High when I get a bigger tank for my tropical community), what species suggestions could you give me that would be fun with the white clouds minnows?

I had some white clouds minnows i love them i put some zebra danios in with mine and they were fine and i also added a fancy goldfish which i still have now same as the danios but my poor little minnow got caught in the filter so i added another goldfish

with the minnows, you really dont have alot of options... since theyre coldwater fish, and the tank is so small, there arent really any other fish compatable with them. if you could rehome them, you could set up a nice little tropical community with some livebearers, danios, tetras, etc

tYeah....

So here are some options I came up with:
1) plant the tank and make it a larger school of white clouds
2) get a fancy goldfish or two - but I'd have to get a bigger tank soon.
3) figure out some cold water compatible fish
4) (my original plan that I thought DH would follow) get a betta for the tank

How big a tank would I need for a couple full grown Ryukin?

LOL, holy typos!

It's says they can get up to 10 inches if provided the right tank.

I would go with a larger school of white clouds.

LOL, holy typos!

That's what happens when I type in a dark room! I fixed them after a good laugh too!

Is there such thing as a miniature goldfish? DH likes them a lot, and they do great in our outdoor pond, but I would hate to keep them in a small aquatium for 8mo out of the year!

Oh, I think a lareg school of white clouds would be fun too.

OK, I think I've come up with a plan...

I think I'm going to add some serpae tetra (about 5), and get another 3 white clouds... Since my aquarium has been kept at 74, and the white clouds are doing fine, I think it should work fine.

Then I'm going to plant it. I'll have to wait for the snow to melt before I can find any more of my driftwood outside, though...

Back
Top Bottom