Stock My Tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Green

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ya, sounds like it should be a cheap show on basic cable!!

The tank seems to be cycling or nearing that point where I want to soon add some more stock. Here is my current set-up.

1. 29 gallon
2. 1-Silver Molly
3. 2-Platies
4. No live plants, but maybe some low light in the future

What would be some good fish to add to the tank. Looking for some active fish as well as a snail for that extra waste that needs cleaning. I know the possibilities are endless, but I would like some opinions from all of you.

One fish I would like to get is a Bristlenose Pleco, so what else and how many do you all suggest!!

As far as snails go, I like nerite snails. They keep your tank relatively clean, and can't reproduce in fresh water

I'm a big fan of dwarf corries and cherry barbs, personally. Either way they'd have to be kept in groups of 5+ individuals. They both have interesting swimming patterns (corries hover, cherry barbs kind of dance around) and are always fun to watch. I have both in with my livebearers. :fish2:

Yeah, corys are great! Also I love hatchets! they're very active, you have to have a tight fitting lid cause they jump alot. They also need to be kept in a group. Zebra Danios are cool too. they're cheap, hardy fish that are pretty active.

Back
Top Bottom