Stocking 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guyfromguam

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Passed the one month mark with my new fish tank. i have 5 white cloud minnows in it right now. Just wondering if I could add either 3 sterbai corys or 1 sterbai and 2 pgmy corys and two ghost shrimps? I wouldn't mind another small school of endler live bearers but i have a feeling that might be too much

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 69
Sterbai Corys are a little big for a 10 gallon tank, due to their size and the fact that corys prefer to be in shoals of 6+. I would do a shoal of 6 Pygmy Corys instead. Provide some caves and/or other places for them to hide.

I'd also add a White Cloud or two, and then stop there.

Do you have a heater? The cories need a heater, although the white clouds do not

Fishobsessed7

Panda Cories stay a bit smaller and can use a little bit cooler water. My habrosus are in an unheated tank but my room stays very stable and right now the tank is at 72 Fahrenheit.

I don't recommend people do this but none of my tanks are heated and for some weird reason it works for me.

Research the needs of the species you are thinking of adding to your tank. Sterbai like warmer conditions and would not be a good mix with white clouds.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom