Stocking 30 gallon ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppyman34

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've decided to buy a 29 or 30 gallon aquarium as I feel my 10 gallon Is too small for any more fish, so any ideas on what kind of fish to stock my 30 gallon with? I'm basically only planning on cories and guppies, so what fish work well with them?

Also platies and swordtails would be good you would have lots of babies as terra all live bearers !!

Those would be cool, would neon/ cardinal tetras or German blue rams be alright with guppies or platys?

That's good. Well heres my plan so far:
4 female 2 male guppies
4-6 cories
6-8 neon/ cardinal tetras
2-4 GBRs
Does this sound good?

Thanks, I didn't really want to go more than 2 rams anyway, umm I like fry, so if they live they live, if they die they die. If I added any more fish would I be overstocking?

Ok, thanks for the help, I'll be sure to post pics when I get the aquarium

Just to clarify, you know that cardinal and neon tetras aren't the same thing, right? I suggest card over neons because IME they are generally a bit healthier than a lot of the neons available. You may have just typed it that way because you don't care which of those species you pick, but I am just making sure. :)

Yeah I don't care which, but thanks, I'm definitely going cardinals now

Well finally bought a 29 gallon! I got a kit but ordered a better filter as the one with the kit probably isn't good..... I'm probably planning on using sand as the substrate, does anyone know if the pool filter sand you can by at home depot is usable for my tank?

Oh, and if I didn't add GBRs, would an angelfish be fine in the tank with the fish I mentioned earlier?

jetajockey said:
Based on this plan, if you nixed the GBRs completely, I would think adding a single angel would be just fine.

Angels and guppies have not worked out for me, so OP might want to think about that.

I like the look of it so far though

Thank you for replying. Ok I will think about that... So would that sand be ok for a substrate.

Back
Top Bottom