stocking 75 gallon tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay so ill just do a pair. what else can i add? would a honey gourami be okay with the pearl or will they fight..

new plan:
10 Cardinal tetras
1 opaline gourami
10 Cherry barbs
8 Cories
1 cockatoo cichlid
2 german blue rams
8 rummy nose tetras
8 danios

new plan:
10 Cardinal tetras
1 opaline gourami
10 Cherry barbs
8 Cories
1 cockatoo cichlid
2 german blue rams
8 rummy nose tetras
8 danios

i think thats my final stocking list! cant waait:) and does that fully stock me?

been off for awhile and got a new stocking:p this one is final!!!! i was on another forum that helped me decide this stocking and im very happy with it!

10 Cardinal tetras
3 pearl gouramis
1 dwarf bristle nose pleco
10 Cherry barbs
10 Cories
1 cockatoo cichlid
2 german blue rams
10 rummy nose tetras

i swim said:
been off for awhile and got a new stocking:p this one is final!!!! i was on another forum that helped me decide this stocking and im very happy with it!

10 Cardinal tetras
3 pearl gouramis
1 dwarf bristle nose pleco
10 Cherry barbs
10 Cories
1 cockatoo cichlid
2 german blue rams
10 rummy nose tetras

Hmm, that seems like quite a bit to me. I have never hear of a dwarf BN, and i dont think they exist. The barbs might nip a bit, eachother, and the other tetras. If i were you i would replace the bards with somthing else, IMO. Also, i would do 2 pearl gouramis, no third wheel.

The stock is NEVER final, it doesnt matter that you change it.

I think he meant just the bristlenose pl*co since its a dwarf compared to the common. I like that stocking list make sure u out up pics.

And as long as you have it well decorated with plants/hiding spots I think everyone will be fine.

I think he meant just the bristlenose pl*co since its a dwarf compared to the common. I like that stocking list make sure u out up pics.

And as long as you have it well decorated with plants/hiding spots I think everyone will be fine.

ok thanks! and ya someone who mentioned the BN pleco to me said dwarf soo...

Hmm, that seems like quite a bit to me. I have never hear of a dwarf BN, and i dont think they exist. The barbs might nip a bit, eachother, and the other tetras. If i were you i would replace the bards with somthing else, IMO. Also, i would do 2 pearl gouramis, no third wheel.

The stock is NEVER final, it doesnt matter that you change it.

ok i will do 2 pearls. im actually ditching the barbs and doing 15 cardinals and 15 rummy nose tetras. i also want another tank after this one has been runnign for awhile and will do the barbs in that tank.

and thanks for not bashing me about me changing stocking list. other peopple on another forum are pretty rude about it!

i swim said:
ok i will do 2 pearls. im actually ditching the barbs and doing 15 cardinals and 15 rummy nose tetras. i also want another tank after this one has been runnign for awhile and will do the barbs in that tank.

and thanks for not bashing me about me changing stocking list. other peopple on another forum are pretty rude about it!

Wow ya that will look like a great tank! I like how you upped the tetras, that will be a colorful, active community.

That other forum is terrible, i for one, change my stock constantly. Its your tank, and you have to be happy about it! We post to learn and seek advice, not be insulted for our ideas! I like your stock and change how ever much you want, as lobg as it is compatible, and not over stocked :D

I agree, pictures!!

I Swim, are you doing a planted tank? If so what types of plants are you doing? I have a 75 that I'm building and I like you fish selection, but I am doing plants for sure. Do the GBR and the cockatoo cichlids dig or eat plants?

yes i am doing a planted tank im thinking:

amazon sword
flame moss
java ferns

low-light to medium light plants
im wanting to do this:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/jeffs-experimental-carpet-20-long-journal-139637.html

oh and my lfs doesnt have cherry barbs and wont have them for awhile so im doing:

15 cardinal tetras
15 rummy nose tetras

plus im wanting to do a discus tank later own and ill do cherry barbs for that.

oh and GBRs and cockatoos wont harm the plants. in fact im pretty sure they like plants...

Oh and now I'm fish-4-life. My sister accidentally made her account under my email so my I swim got banned. But now fish-4-life is me (I swim) my sis made another account.

Ripsnort said:
I Swim, are you doing a planted tank? If so what types of plants are you doing? I have a 75 that I'm building and I like you fish selection, but I am doing plants for sure. Do the GBR and the cockatoo cichlids dig or eat plants?

They do not eat plants

Back
Top Bottom