Stocking 90 gallon FW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyBusiness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello! I am currently fishless cycling my 90 gallon aquarium and was hoping someone would have an input on my want list?

2 Pictus Catfish (currently in my 20)
6 Boesemani Rainbowfish
1 Rainbow Shark
2 Opaline Gourami
4 Dwarf Gourami

Would that stocking be okay?

Would I have room for a couple more rainbowfish and an algae eater?
If so, what algae eater would be best that doesn't get too big (6" or less)?

ANY help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Make sure you up the pictus to at least 3 when you move them.

I would put the shark in last

Also you could do BN plecos. They max out at 5-6 inches and you could do 3 or 4 of them

Yes , the person before me recommended some good plecos. Snowball plecos are great looking fish, but I think they are expensive and like to be 3+. Are you getting all males or female Gouramis? I wouldn't do all males because 90% of the time it doesn't work out. I would do 1m 3f if I were you.

Ok. When I get another pictus and a couple bristle nose pelvis would I be overstocking my tank? I don't need the opaline gouramis but they are pretty! I just don't want to overstock ad be sure they'll get along ok. IE: pictus not ratting the others...

Sorry, meant to say pleco... Forgive my auto spell! Yes, I was thinking 2M and 2F gourami. Not all males. Would I be better off getting an odd number like 5 vs 4? I'm not sure if that matters...?

Ok. Maybe I'll drop the opaline and get 5 dwarf (2m, 3 f).

So now I'm at:

3 pictus
6 mb rainbows
1 rainbow shark
5 dwarf gourami
2 bn pleco

Does anybody know how big pictus get? Stores and some sites say 6" but some other sites say 10". That's a big difference when it comes to stocking! Maybe I'll have room for 8 rainbows instead of 6?

Back
Top Bottom