Stocking Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deziniki

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 25 gallon Aqueon tank and I have two plants and 5 long finned zebra danios on recommendation from a friend. The problem is I am looking to add some more fish on Sunday, but I am seeing conflicting information of what to add.

One person says no tiger barbs because they will nip the danios tails
Another says a clown Plecoptera
Some say Dwarf Gouramis, but then others say they are too sedate to share space with the danios.
Some say tetras but then another says danios eat them.
I also saw cory cats suggested.

Basically I want fish that are good for a beginner. I want a active tank with as much variety as possible. I would really like an algae eater to help keep the tank clean and a fish that is the 'centerpiece.'

Any advice or help of what to get would be very appreciated.

Dwarf gouramis are cool but I've never kept danios so I don't know whether that pairing would work well or not unfortunately.

Cory cats are great! There're generally a few different kinds available in stores too (even more online). They help keep things clean since they are bottom feeders/dwellers (they do still need to be fed but they'll also help with leftovers) and they're shoaling fish meaning they stay in a group mostly but still do their own thing. They just like being close. It gives them confidence too. It's recommended to keep at least 4 together but more is fine if you want them. They're very active (at least mine is, hopefully I can get him some buddies this weekend) and people describe them frequently as being like "puppies" and I can agree to that. I can't wait to get some more!

Back
Top Bottom