Stocking ideas for 10 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pitbull

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I was just thinking to my self what fish I would like in my 10 gallon tank after it has finished cycling. One fish I know I want is a betta, would you pick a male or female betta? What fish do bettas go with ?
Thanks for your time :)

In my 10 gal I keep 1 male betta, a dozen red cherry shrimp, and am planning on adding a school of neons. A betta should get along with any small fish that don't have flowing fins (no guppies). Also, you will want to avoid nippy fish as they will pick on the betta. Along with neons, you might like harlequin rasboras or celestial pearl danios.

edit:that //along with// should have been instead of

Last edited:
Thanks been waiting for an answer haha! i think im just going to add a betta and some neons for now how many neon do you think i should add with the betta?

Neons like to be in schools of at least 6, you could do 8 or 9 since they are small. Also, I recommend the shrimp since they eat algae and add almost nothing to the bioload.

You don't want to crowd the betta. I think 9 neons is too many. I would keep the absolute minimum amount of them, which is 6.

Back
Top Bottom