Stocking Ideas for 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arwai

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! Its been years since I posted here. Long story short, I became interested in the hobby but was never able to start my tank. Well I am able to now. I have a 29g tank. It will be planted, actually will be picking them up today (anubis nana, java fern, banana plant, and something I can't remember), with black flourite and black eco-complete for substrate. From this forum, this stocking was recommended

6 zebra danio/Glofish
4 panda Cory's
2 upside dow cats
3 platy
1 dwarf gourami

But now I want to do a male betta in a community tank, probably a dumbo ear or rose tail. I found a great LFS and the owner is very helpful. But he has recommended doing a betta with a dwarf gourami, zebra danios, corys, and gold rams. Doing my research online I'm a little iffy about this. I do have a 10 gallon tank to function as a hospital tank, but could be used if the betta is aggressive, but I'm hoping not. Any input/suggestions are appreciated.

Bettas and gorami are closely enough related that they get super territorial.

Gold rams need warm water, and their temperature range barely overlaps with gourami.

The stock this person is suggesting is very different from your starting point. It's really important to be planful in your purchases, otherwise you find yourself setting up an emergency "these fish aren't compatible" tank.

Bettas and gorami are closely enough related that they get super territorial.

Gold rams need warm water, and their temperature range barely overlaps with gourami.

The stock this person is suggesting is very different from your starting point. It's really important to be planful in your purchases, otherwise you find yourself setting up an emergency "these fish aren't compatible" tank.

So no on the rams and gourami? But can do a betta?

Back
Top Bottom