Stocking Ideas for second tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankerJs

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everybody, today I purchased a heater, filter and hood for a spare 10 gallon I had sitting around. I'm excited to put some different fish from my other tank in it. In my other tank I have three cory cats, two guppies and two mystery snails. I really like zebra danios, and kuhli loaches, but I want to hear everybody's ideas. I have seen some lists of occupants, and occupant numbers on other forums. If you could list your idea like this example, that would be great:
[FONT=&quot]Tank #1: The Betta Tank[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Inhabitants:
1 betta (male or female), 2 apple snails OR
1 betta (male or female), 4-5 ghost shrimp OR
1 betta (male or female), 2-3 African dwarf frogs
I don't need links though, thanks for your input, it is greatly aprreciated![/FONT]

Only problem is they don't sell rcs's around here...and I don't wanna pay shipping.

ive got the same problem. check some of the forums, alot of times you can get them on places like here shipped cheaper than you could buy them in stores... only other thing i could suggest would be a shell dweller tank. I've got a 10g with about 12 multis and they are probably the coolest little fish ever. they have the personality of the bigger african cichlids but dont get over 1.5".

I was looking at those, and my teacher also offered me some free cichlids, they look like convicts, but the biggest one in the tank is only 4" and there are a ton of babies...I was thinking two of those and some sort of bottom dweller would be cool. My teacher has had them for a year and the biggest one hasn't grown since.

convicts will need a bigger tank than 10g. You'll need at least a 29g just for a pair so they can have adequate swimming room. Any more than that and when breeding time comes around, you'll have dead fish. If you want to do cichlids, you'll need to stick with shell dwellers of some sort in a tank that small.

How big do normal convicts get, I'm not sure if they are really convicts, and what variations of shell dwellers are there? Do they need shells or can I can something else for them to hide in?

I was also thinking about an electric blue crayfish, although the ones here are expensive.

Okay so the biggest problem with these are that they might be harder to find, my options for fish stores are limited to petlovers, they have very different fish but mostly not any for small tanks, persmart healthy conditions and lots to choose from but current stock doesn't have much I'm looking for, wet pets plus which has both fresh and salt water fish, and lots of different things, but bad conditions, and petsuppliesplus common with bad conditions...

Okay does this sound overstocked for a 10 gallon tank? Five Zebra Danios, and three Kuhli Loaches. It's going to have four Aponogetons, and I'm thinking about buying some Java Fern and Anubias. I have more Aponogeton bulbs, incase I want more, currently four are planted though. I will be adding two flower pots for the loaches as well.

my biggest problem with that is that the zebra danios will be a little cramped in a 10g tank because they are such active swimmers... imo, they shouldnt be kept in anything shorter than a 20 long, but again thats just my opinion, and people successfully keep them in 10g tanks all the time

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom