Stocking my 50g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rodeo one

Aquarium Advice Addict
Currently have 12 Platys, 3 Oto s , 3 Sterbai Corys. Six of the Platys are the solid orange kind with the turned up noses (all male) & then I added 6 Wagtail (mostly female). The little orange ones chase the females relentlessly, I m guessing cuz they re producing babies? I now have 4 surviving babies (OMG, they re soooo cute). Thinking I ll return the original 6 orange guys . Want a peaceful tank, I have a very stressful job & want to enjoy my tank & I don t like to watch the Wagtails so stressed out. Also plan to get 5 more Sterbai. Also wanted 1 or 2 center peice fish, was going to get 2 Koi Angelfish but my friend, who used to work at a pet store, said they re a type of Cichlids so they ll ve aggressive . Any thoughts? Ideas for a peaceful type of fish instead of the AF?? Please help......

Currently have 12 Platys, 3 Oto s , 3 Sterbai Corys. Six of the Platys are the solid orange kind with the turned up noses (all male) & then I added 6 Wagtail (mostly female). The little orange ones chase the females relentlessly, I m guessing cuz they re producing babies? I now have 4 surviving babies (OMG, they re soooo cute). Thinking I ll return the original 6 orange guys . Want a peaceful tank, I have a very stressful job & want to enjoy my tank & I don t like to watch the Wagtails so stressed out. Also plan to get 5 more Sterbai. Also wanted 1 or 2 center peice fish, was going to get 2 Koi Angelfish but my friend, who used to work at a pet store, said they re a type of Cichlids so they ll ve aggressive . Any thoughts? Ideas for a peaceful type of fish instead of the AF?? Please help......

For a 50 gallon angels shouldn't be too aggressive, and kois are supposedly the most docile(don't know about that one) but it all depends on the tank and fish personality. I had my angel in a 29g at first and she chased most fish away from her, now she's in my 75 gallon tank and actually breaks up tiny fights between my other angels, and protects some tiny angels I have

I agree, I think that koi angelfish would be fine. Those would probably be your centerpiece fish. You could add another school of tetras, they are very peaceful.

Back
Top Bottom