Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1998golfer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I need some suggestions for a 26-36 gallon, not sure which yet.I know I should Get the biggest but it's not my decision.here is what I'm thinking:

5-10 various cory catfish, some pandas and others.

What are some good schooling fish? Arty first I wanted a few angels as my centerpieces but I can't really do that in that size of a tank,I was originally getting a 55

So what else would go well in with the cories?

Thanks,
-1998golfer

Tiger barbs i always reccomend for schooling fish..very energetic and swim back and fourth constantly..best tetras ive had so far.

in a 36 i'd say 10-12 would be a good number.. just make sure you have good filtration

in a 36 i'd say 10-12 would be a good number.. just make sure you have good filtration
Ok. I just found out the tank in getting doesn't have a marineland bio wheel rated for 100 gallons, but 100gph :( bout even rated for three thirty gallon tank, but for a twenty...ugh

Ok. I just found out the tank in getting doesn't have a marineland bio wheel rated for 100 gallons, but 100gph :( bout even rated for three thirty gallon tank, but for a twenty...ugh

The seller said it was a marineland bio wheel for 100 gallons. Then I found out they don't make those for 100 gallons so I have to assume it's the 100gph model

You could put two whisper ex70s on it..I have two on my 60g. One of the best filters I've had so far..

I would get either the whisper ex45 or the whisper ex70 for that tank..the more filtration the cleaner you can keep your water..I run a aqua tech 60 gallon filter on my 20 gallon tank..

I would get either the whisper ex45 or the whisper ex70 for that tank..the more filtration the cleaner you can keep your water..I run a aqua tech 60 gallon filter on my 20 gallon tank..

I'm trying to get a 40b, in which case I'll probably get an ex70 or a canister filter

I would stay away from canisters..I've never used one but its commonly known they are nitrate factories

I would stay away from canisters..I've never used one but its commonly known they are nitrate factories

???

Canisters are great. A Fluval 306 would be a great filter for a 40B.

Well I think im getting a 30G oceanic cube aquarium.. It's glass and approx. measures 19" back, 21" tall, and 21" wide... What light would fit? I was thinking an adjustable 18"-24" LED fixture, 300 lumens from Marineland Single Bright LED Lighting System Aquarium LED Light Fixtures .. Apparently 300 lumens is low light even for a 10g, will this grow some low level plants in the 30?
As for stock, I'm going with 10 tiger barbs, 10 various cories including pandas, and a BN pleco. What do you think?

Honestly I think most would probably advise against the tiger barbs seeing as how they are extremely active and could use a little more horizontal swimming space. A 30 or 36 inch tank would be better suited for them.

Honestly I think most would probably advise against the tiger barbs seeing as how they are extremely active and could use a little more horizontal swimming space. A 30 or 36 inch tank would be better suited for them.

How about a 29?

Back
Top Bottom