Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good news! How are they all doing?

Great, thanks for asking. Haven't added any fish since the corys. Albino bn pleco starting to get his bristles :D... kuhlis and corys are best buds. I'm waiting on warm weather to order plants. Snails are growing tons but shell on one seems to be dissolving... fraying I guess... ever since I put bamboo, the bamboo has been growing like crazy! It's so tall the leaves are hanging out.. driftwood looks great,I repositioned it. I still haven't gotten more filter media for the canister. My cuttlebone is still there, in the hob and ontop the substrate. My tetras are plump with eggs but I have yet to see any xP must be eaten b4 I see them lol.

I got a free tank and supplies.
I was told it was 10 gallon, it's acrylic and has a slight bow front. I measured and it's around 7 gallons. I also got an air pump (dual outlet) and two filters, A fluval U3 and a tetra whisper EX30. Also I got a hood with light for it, a 100w heater, a python, and about 10 decorations (even one of those huge coliseum ones). Probably $50 worth of decor, each filter is $50, tank is idk how much, light is probably $20, heater $20, and the pythons are $30 new. The python did have one broken fitting, but I can get a new one. I'm planning on using it an an extension for my current python, since where i put the tank it doesn't quite reach with the one I have.
I asked them what they had in it and why they were getting rid of it. They said that they got rid of it because all the fish were eaten. I asked what ate them, they said an oscar. that lived for 5 years in a 7 gal :(

Holy smokes! Still good score?

Yeah. Filters, light, and air pump works. I put the heater in and plugged it in let's see if it works.
I could've also gotten a 26 bow, but I am not allowed to. I can't even use this tank I just got, I'm just going to use it as a quarantine / hospital tank. Also he gave me some test strips with kh and gh. Ik it's not the best but it read kh btwn 0 and 40ppm, closest to 0. Same with gh

Picked up another light here - I think very roughly that now gives enough light to grow algae lol but trooped around three lfs tonight and all the lights were less than what I have mainly. Looking at widening the search. Just crap selection of lights.

Hey guys just thought I'd add an update. Tank is doing good, but my bn pleco is getting aggressive. He's killed three of my albino cory catfish :( I looked it up and read I shouldn't feed him until after the lights go out, so I'm going to do that from now on. I hope he won't mess with the rest of the albino cory catfish. I'm going to start feeding more often too, hope that'll help.

I'm not sure. My neighbour noted his fish had lost scales and would disappear which he thought was from the bn catfish.

I feed mine with the rest early night and lights on with wafers. They know to come out otherwise I don't see them much. I haven't seen them bother the fish but they will go for fish at feeding time. Mostly just a straight charge. Maybe they are getting hit then? Are you seeing anything on the dead fish?

I'm not sure. My neighbour noted his fish had lost scales and would disappear which he thought was from the bn catfish.

I feed mine with the rest early night and lights on with wafers. They know to come out otherwise I don't see them much. I haven't seen them bother the fish but they will go for fish at feeding time. Mostly just a straight charge. Maybe they are getting hit then? Are you seeing anything on the dead fish?

By the time I see the dead fish, it's just a skeleton, and the bn pleco is sucking on it... every time. I just left the skeletons in there, the bn pleco ate all the meat and skin!!! My parameters are good, 0 ammo 0 nitrite, 20 nitrate. No new fish in last 2-3 months so low probability of a disease causing it. He is aggressive though, he scares away the other fish by flapping his fin really hard and it moves the sand and some gravel around. He's strong

Maybe it's tank size? I will get them suck on dead fish but have never attacked even sick fish. Each one of mine has about a foot by 2 ft of space to hang around in. I do see ripped fins on them from squabbling but that's about it.

How's the rest of the tank going, only losing cory's? Been trying to grow plants here.

Back
Top Bottom