Suggestions for a Greek themed tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OwduaNM

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all! I am new to the forums but have been an aquarium enthusiast all my life. I have been trying to convince my wife to invest in a large tank (55-75 gallon) but we compromised when we found a 36 g aquarium kit at pet smart for under $100.

We decided to go with a Greek theme, complete with replica Parthenon ruins as the centerpiece.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what kind of fish or fake plants to compliment this theme?

Thank you for your comments!

I have really been struggling with coming up with stocking plan for this tank since my wife does not particularly like Gouramis.

Here is one stocking plan that I have come up with.....please provide me with some feedback as I am only experienced in raising the Cory's and the Sparkling Gouramis on this list.

Please see attached image
AquStockImage.php

I forgot to mention that the tank is a 36g bow front. I will set it up with 2 Aqueon Quiet Flow 30 filters. It will have a rounded gravel substrate.

Up cory's to 6-8, forget killi's, look into a school if five banded barbs(look like some Greek warriors) and maybe a pair of apisto's? Would add a little excitement to the tank

image-452461043.jpg

image-3377672140.jpg

I originally had apostolic agazzizi (sp?) but took them off for the killis.

I will swap them back in.

Does anyone know anything about Kitty Tetra? I only found a little information about them but would really like to add them to this tank.

Back
Top Bottom