Tank Buddies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fynnie

Aquarium Advice Regular

Hi , Yup Im brand new at this. Ok here goes. I have a Rainbow Shark that came with a tank I recently purchased and I am getting 2 Red Devil Cichlids in a few days. The Devils are both about 3 1/2'' long and the shark is about 5'' I am hoping that they will go together... Will they?

Well... Red Devils live up to their name... They can be real nasty and I probably wouldn't do it but you never know...What size is the tank that would help to give a final verdict. Also is there lots of hiding places?
HTH

I had two red devils in my 55 gallon with a oscar, pleco, etc. 10 years ago. One red devil alwasys chased the other red devil, and the later one died eventually. The oscar and pleco didn't have problem with it.

I personally wouldn't do it either but it definately depends a great deal on the size of the tank. Under 75 gals with a ton of hiding spots I would personally definately not. Rainbow sharks are far more peaceful than red devils. Red devils have been know to create havoc in large cichlid only tanks.

Back
Top Bottom