Tank upgrade help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fisheatfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all totally new to this forum thing but looking for some expert advive on moving my fish to a new tank , im going from a 25l to a 60l+.
Im a little paranoid about the whole cycling business I have the new tank up and running with several placements from previous tank such as 2 pieces of bogwood , 2 plastic plants and a small amount of gravel also added some stress coat to the tank. Im hoping this will speed up the process also when i move the fish i plan to run the filter from the old tank along side the new one for a while.
So the question is does this seem okay to everyone and any extra advice would be much appreciated Thanks :confused:

Hi all totally new to this forum thing but looking for some expert advive on moving my fish to a new tank , im going from a 25l to a 60l+.
Im a little paranoid about the whole cycling business I have the new tank up and running with several placements from previous tank such as 2 pieces of bogwood , 2 plastic plants and a small amount of gravel also added some stress coat to the tank. Im hoping this will speed up the process also when i move the fish i plan to run the filter from the old tank along side the new one for a while.
So the question is does this seem okay to everyone and any extra advice would be much appreciated Thanks :confused:

Welcome to AA. What you are going to want to do is, put all of your fish in as many buckets as you need. You then will drain the tank you can use the rest of the this water in the new tank. And then remove the gravel and objects in it. Set up your new tank with the old gravel and decorations. And add all your new stuff. As soon as its filled with water, use the old filter with the filter media. Wait untill the tank has been cycled through 20 times by the old filter. Using gallons per hour on the filter and the volume of your tank.
If the temp is right, and the water perimeters are, start acclimating them!

Back
Top Bottom