The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pigeonfood said:
Reason i did my 50% pwc was becuase my nitrates were through the roof and wanted to bring them down to a radbale lvl, topped it back to 4ppm and the next day voila zero ammo and no2 and still high no3.......o my lord what have i done!!!!!!

No, you're good. It must have just been coincidence, haha. I'm gonna think for a minute. I'm getting to the point that when I close my eyes all I see is fish and test tubes, lol.

remember i wasnt able to read the no3 right, im bettin after my 50% pwc the no3 lvls were fine, but since i wasnt doin the no3 test right i kept thinkin it was super high when it probably wasnt!!!!!! son of a biscuit eater!!!!! and im bettin since i did the 90 pwc cos of tat i reset my tank!!!

Ok so this is the Ammo I bought. All the other bottles said they had Surfactants and this one didn't so can I use this?

Attachments

• image-3135151616.jpg
    image-3135151616.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 77
  • image-1800542354.jpg
    image-1800542354.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 77
jmartin71 said:
Ok so this is the Ammo I bought. All the other bottles said they had Surfactants and this one didn't so can I use this?

Just read every single word written in fine print. I'm not sure if surfactants, perfumes, etc...are considered "active ingredients" or not.

eco23 said:
Just read every single word written in fine print. I'm not sure if surfactants, perfumes, etc...are considered "active ingredients" or not.

How can I test it? I asked the place where I got it an they referred to it as no sudsing ammo!

How can I test it? I asked the place where I got it an they referred to it as no sudsing ammo!

As long as it's not listing additional ingredients, it doesn't have any odor other than ammonia, it doesn't sud when you shake the heck out of it... you should be okay. The Ammo I used (Blue Ribbon Brand) also just said clear ammonia and it worked out fine. Like I said, the flowers just freak me out a little, lol.

nope, im using Ace Hardware brand.

What can I say Pigeonfood, your cycle is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, haha,

Are you sure you didn't just dream that the no2 bottle was baby blue? Was your girl there to confirm? Maybe you just wanted to believe it was blue so badly that your mind made it happen? Haha

I'm joking, but I'm serious at the same time. Either the cycle never fully finished or it was a pH crash. I wouldn't imagine a pH crash setting you this far back though.

What can I say Pigeonfood, your cycle is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, haha,

Are you sure you didn't just dream that the no2 bottle was baby blue? Was your girl there to confirm? Maybe you just wanted to believe it was blue so badly that your mind made it happen? Haha

hahaha, my eyes probably deceived me and it was close to baby blue but not full baby blue. If it wasnt baby blue, am i back to square one? If u say yes and i totally jacked my cycle its fine, i promise i wont be sad/annoyed enough to where i drink so much that i wont know what im drinking.

Pigeonfood said:
hahaha, my eyes probably deceived me and it was close to baby blue but not full baby blue. If it wasnt baby blue, am i back to square one? If u say yes and i totally jacked my cycle its fine, i promise i wont be sad/annoyed enough to where i drink so much that i wont know what im drinking.

You're far from square one my friend. It's starting to come together now. When you tested it, it was probably right before you dosed the ammonia back up. The no2 was converting to no3 like it should have been. You're just not quite done yet, but you're really far along. That thing is swallowing ammo. Shoot me a PM when you get home.

You didn't do anything to hurt it, the pwc's only restored nutrients and will prevent the pH crash I previously suspected.

eco23 said:
That's awesome! A 3ppm drop in 3 days?! You must have some great seeding material. Pigeonfood is right on, just dose it back up to 4ppm every 24 hours. You'll start seeing nitrItes real soon.

The only seeding material I had was the dirty filter media from my other tank, granted it has been in the filter for a month or more and looks pretty gross but that is all I put in the new tank right against the new filter like you said.

The only seeding material I had was the dirty filter media from my other tank, granted it has been in the filter for a month or more and looks pretty gross but that is all I put in the new tank right against the new filter like you said.

That's what's doing it! I think it's gonna be quick and painless for you. I'm glad it's going well.

I sure hope so! I don't handle my alcohol very well so I hope I don't end up in pigeonfoods shoes ;) lol. If that's what is doing it and it goes quick, I can always pack my filters in water and ship them to you pigeon! J/k I am sure you are super close from what eco says, a cpl more guiness and u will have it!

eco23 said:
As long as it's not listing additional ingredients, it doesn't have any odor other than ammonia, it doesn't sud when you shake the heck out of it... you should be okay. The Ammo I used (Blue Ribbon Brand) also just said clear ammonia and it worked out fine. Like I said, the flowers just freak me out a little, lol.

Sounds good!! The fun will happen this weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom