The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it'd been a lot longer than that. You're golden bro.

I hope so, cos im getting low on the test kit stuff lol, so NO2 one of these though right? I mean thers nothin i can do this remove this, cos obviously we know that i have colonized a bunch bacteria to where my ammo dissappears.

I want fish so bad lol, cos the only entainment i have is a water wheel lol

Pigeonfood said:
I hope so, cos im getting low on the test kit stuff lol, so NO2 one of these though right? I mean thers nothin i can do this remove this, cos obviously we know that i have colonized a bunch bacteria to where my ammo dissappears.

I want fish so bad lol, cos the only entainment i have is a water wheel lol

The no2 will remove itself soon...that equals tank cycled!

Dude a month isn't bad. The other guides on this site say about two months...with the small tweaks I've made, people normally finish faster, but every tank has a mind of it's own.

Plus not only do you have a water wheel to look at...you've got a bridge on top of a house! Hahahahaha!

Oh, and you can buy the API solutions individually online. They're like $8 instead of having to drop $35 on a whole kit.

The no2 will remove itself soon...that equals tank cycled!

Dude a month isn't bad. The other guides on this site say about two months...with the small tweaks I've made, people normally finish faster, but every tank has a mind of it's own.

Plus not only do you have a water wheel to look at...you've got a bridge on top of a house! Hahahahaha!

Bridge on top of a house is a unique design!! lol I bet im the only person on this site with it too. I guess just keep feeding the ammo bacteria then huh

So patience it is. Wife won't like. Lol. Oh well. She will survive. :) I will monitor and see what happens. Tap water is 7.0 -7.2 range. I'm guessing the ammo converter bacteria don't like the lower ph. :)

Ok after doing 80% pwc, levels today are ph 6.8, ammo 0, no2 5, no3 10. tap water in cup still about 7.2 range. So I am back to killing ammo in 24 hrs. Will dose it back up to 4. Also headed to lfs to get crushed coral. Guess the ph dropping to 6 did help matters any.

Ronnie

Pigeonfood said:
Bridge on top of a house is a unique design!! lol I bet im the only person on this site with it too. I guess just keep feeding the ammo bacteria then huh

Yep. Trust me dude, you're on the right track. If it wasn't for that one weird nitrIte test result you had, everything is by the book. Just add the ammo every 24 hours, wait until the nitrIte tube is a nice baby blue, then we'll get on Skype and have a few celebratory beverages together.

I seriously thought it'd been way longer than a month. I feel absolutely, 100% confident that you're almost done. Just give the no2 to no3 bacteria a little pep talk. Maybe you can soothe them with that Irish accent you've probably got, lol.

Cloudrider said:
Ok after doing 80% pwc, levels today are ph 6.8, ammo 0, no2 5, no3 10. tap water in cup still about 7.2 range. So I am back to killing ammo in 24 hrs. Will dose it back up to 4. Also headed to lfs to get crushed coral. Guess the ph dropping to 6 did help matters any.

Ronnie

Sounds good. Try to see if they sell mesh bags. It's much easier to control the CC that way.

Ronnie

ye keep track of ur pH, i think anything around 5pH can result in a ph crash in ur cycle which is bad bad news .

cichlidpaul said:
I think i need to get you on the red stripe bro lol you might forget about history lol

Now my good friend Paul on the other hand... He's definitely past the one month mark, but hopefully we figured it out with the pH issue. If Pigeonfood was going through what Paul's got going on...you might be in the hospital for alcohol poisoning, hahaha.

Oh, and you can buy the API solutions individually online. They're like $8 instead of having to drop $35 on a whole kit.

OK eco, I'm gonna have to disagree with you here (to balance out the agreed upon issue we just had :p). I always recommend the kit up front, because with it you get the really cool test tube holder thingy :dance:. JK

Now my good friend Paul on the other hand... He's definitely past the one month mark, but hopefully we figured it out with the pH issue. If Pigeonfood was going through what Paul's got going on...you might be in the hospital for alcohol poisoning, hahaha.

Hospital?? at this rate alcohol is the only thing tats keepin me alive bro lol

Mr. Limpet said:
OK eco, I'm gonna have to disagree with you here (to balance out the agreed upon issue we just had :p). I always recommend the kit up front, because with it you get the really cool test tube holder thingy :dance:. JK

Yeah, but since he's already got the full kit, he's already got the nice deluxe holder and the test tubes...ha!

cichlidpaul said:
no shi* bro its far to long now but hay god im looking forward to our piss up

Did you check around for the crushed coral? That thing dropping down to 5 is the problem. We've gotta buffer that sucker!

cichlidpaul said:
picking it up tomorrow bro so all is good i hope

mind you i was pissed that i could not get it today

Good thing is that the CC will not only buffer the water, it will also raise pH on its own. So you don't have to change out all the water in your 24,000 gallon tank, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom