things are going great

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I would just like to say, that since i have added my DIY CO2 system, My plants have flourished, especially my lilies. I got these cheep bulbs from walmart and they always had about one or two paper thin leaves on them, well now., the leaves are HUGE and they are about 6 on each plant. Beautiful.

Great to hear!! I am very curious on the details as I was following another thread on your DIY and I think I missed the details cause they started talkin about your cats :)

... you mentioned you were using a Mountain Dew bottle and I'm assuming with yeast & sugar. Is that just one 2-liter Mountain Dew bottle you're using on a 55gallon tank?

yeah im only using one mountain dew bottle, The Lilies are the only difference i've really seen. I don't want my plants growing like crazy, someone told me at the pet store that putting a pressurized CO2 system on my tank would be like "Steroids for your plants" I just wanted to see what kind of difference it would make. My plants were actually really fine before, and i don't have any algae problems with the two pleco's in there, but i thought i'd give it a try, and the Lilies have shown a big improvement.

Well that's a good vote for moderate CO2 injection right there. Chances are, on a 55G tank just using DIY CO2, you've only got around 15 ppm CO2. That's still well above non-CO2 tanks but well below pressurized CO2 tanks, and you're seeing good plant growth improvements. Just goes to show that even a little CO2 can have great benefits. Congrats :D

Back
Top Bottom