2 guppies circling each other

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuPpYnEwBiE82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have noticed the territorial nature of my guppies, it hasn't been awful and they have just been moved to their new 60 litre tank last night.

2 of them seem to be worse than the others, even with the extra space! They are circling each other and chasing a lot. I have a few plants and larger ornaments with little caves for them to hide/chill and have some space but they don't seem to use it.

Is the going nose to nose and circling a really bad sign? (I know it isn't good, but when do I need to consider further measures, and what?)

They are all male so I know that probably makes it worse, but following advice from the store they said not to get females if I didn't want lots of fish!!

I don't want them to get hurt, or worse... I know they are probably stressed being moved into a new tank too. Do they need time to settle down? I know some fish just don't get on and especially if I have the wrong type (all male) so it isn't a natural environment.

It isn't always those two, I've seen them all interacting but some are very chilled and a few are more dominant.

Thanks.

You will just have to keep an eye on things. It could just be them establishing a pecking order, if things dont settle down you might need to separate the fish. Some fish are just jerks.

Thanks - will keep an eye, definitely.

Sometimes the same two fish will swim around all peaceful like, and others they're nose to nose as you say, being jerks!

Back
Top Bottom