Thinking about putting Tiger Barbs and rainbow shark together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shortyusa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello i have a couple of questions about how many fish i should put in my tank and if it would be wise to do so.

I just picked up a new 55 gallon tank and i really want to stock it with some tiger barbs and maybe a rainbow shark.

My main question is if i jsut put them in how many can i put in a 55 gallon tank together.

Also if i choose not to put the max amount of these guys in the tank would it be possible and or wise to get an electric blue crayfish or should me just be in his own tank?

Thank you

I have 5 tiger bards and 6 zebras, plus a brown crayfish in my 20g with no problems. Blue crayfish are supposed to be more aggressive cray and will eat fish, but never had a blue one. The tiger bards are a perfect fish to have with a crayfish because they are fast enough that the crayfish can't catch them, the rainbow sharks are also ok as they get along with the tiger barbs and fast enough for the crayfish, I had them too at one point.

I also have a 55g that has about 40 fish in it with no issues, so the barbs, rainbow and crayfish have no issues with a tank that big, I would schools of 5 or more with both bards and rainbow sharks. I would get one crayfish unless you want a fight on your hands. I had more than cray in a tank and when I got home one of cray was in half as the other one was standing over him. Lol wish I could've seen that battle!

Good luck on your tank!

Good match if you dont want crayfish try blue gold and opaline gouramis

I have 5 tiger bards and 6 zebras, plus a brown crayfish in my 20g with no problems. Blue crayfish are supposed to be more aggressive cray and will eat fish, but never had a blue one. The tiger bards are a perfect fish to have with a crayfish because they are fast enough that the crayfish can't catch them, the rainbow sharks are also ok as they get along with the tiger barbs and fast enough for the crayfish, I had them too at one point.

I also have a 55g that has about 40 fish in it with no issues, so the barbs, rainbow and crayfish have no issues with a tank that big, I would schools of 5 or more with both bards and rainbow sharks. I would get one crayfish unless you want a fight on your hands. I had more than cray in a tank and when I got home one of cray was in half as the other one was standing over him. Lol wish I could've seen that battle!

Good luck on your tank!
you cant have multiple rainbow sharks in a atnk,unless yoiu have room for like 20 or keep 2 in a 125 or bigger. and a cray is just a bad idea

Back
Top Bottom