upgrading my sons 10 to a 20L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annakhil

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have been struck with MTS and instead of buying more tanks since i am tryingto save for the construction cost and ALL the other cost a 100+g SW tank will run me, i decided to just upgrade my sons 10g to a 20L, it will fit on his desk just perfect and everything i bought for that tank was for a 20-30g tank i dont think i will need to upgrade anything as far as filtration and heater, i will need to buy different lights but i have found some for less than 60.
my list of things to buy to upgrade
more substrate
lights
tank

i have a ton of plants in his tank already so really it will just be giving his plants more room to grow, the inhabitants already in his 10 are
4 neons(will add cardinals to make bigger school)
3 rummynose
3 otos
1 livebearer
a ton of cherry shrimp that i sell to local tankers
i think moving all those shrimps are going to be the biggest issue, some are still babies and there are so many
i was going to just do a few water changes in the 10 and move the old water to the 20 when i put the substrate in first the bucket the inhabitants and move the rest of the substrate(mix them together) move the plants heater and wood then put the fish and shrimp in their new home

does any of what i am doing sound wrong?
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:thanks:

Hi sounds a good plan. If you can move over the filter from the 10 gallon onto the new tank then it will be simply like doing a large water change. As for the baby shrimps I use a pipette and simply suck the poor little shrimp in then release it into its new home:) I have this problem when i clean my filter out as they seem to like breeding in there:eek: can take me two hours to catch them all!

i really needed to do this anyways because i have a sponge on my intake and even though its black, some days i come in and it looks red from all the shrimp chillin on it:huh:.

Hi I also use a sponge on the intake to my filter and the shrimps simply love being there,hence why some get into the filter:facepalm: Good luck with the move remember don't rush and be well prepared and it will go well(y)

Back
Top Bottom