What lighting should I use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwmitchell

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 220 gallon aquarium it is 84l x 24 w x25d. I currently have one 36" marineland double bright led. It is obvisouly not enough light for the tank. I am wanting to know if I would be better getting a second one of these lights or is there a better lighting option? The tank when up and running will be stocked with african cichlids and plants.

If you want plants, you will certainly need to add a lot of additional light.

Are you wanting to stick with LED, or are you open to other types of fixtures?

Also, many cichlid combinations won't work at all with live plants. What do you intend to stock?

My options are open depending on price. I want something to look good and keep the fish and plants healthy. The tank will be stocked with Blood parrots, sharks, and a variety of Cichlids. I usually pick out the colorful ones.

kwmitchell said:
My options are open depending on price. I want something to look good and keep the fish and plants healthy. The tank will be stocked with Blood parrots, sharks, and a variety of Cichlids. I usually pick out the colorful ones.

Just bought 2 36" T5 HO fixtures w/light bulbs from fishneedit.com for $150.00 plus shipping. Was $165.00 total last Monday & were delivered Friday. I LOVE THEM !!!!! Running a 10K & 6.5K in each for a planted tank. Very happy with them for the price !!!!

How big is your tank. I am looking at these lights for my 155 bowfront.

Back
Top Bottom