What should I do??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emilygupps

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We have four empty tanks:
17g rimless
55g long
10g standard
15g round

Wondering what we should put in all of them. We wanted to make the rimless super zen. High tech planted. What about the 55? Should I move my school of danios there?

What we have now:
10g - QT- 4 neons 4 zebra danios 2 more weeks and they can be let loose in their display tanks.

10g- high tech planted- 1 betta and two nerite snails

20g long- right now just six 3 month old danio fry to move to the big tank soon. Eventually this will be the breeding/home for our pair of rams. It has sand and drift wood and two moss balls for now.

30 tall: planted with co2 but the lights are still crappy. I have 6 harlequin rasboras, 1 black rasbora (they're all friends), 2 male guppies, 2 male dwarf gourami (going to have to move one soon), 2 adult ghost shrimp and 8 babies,, 2 adult Amano shrimp, 8 nerite snails whom I feed because we have almost 0 algae.

180g (my problem child) high tech planted, we have 5 angels the two biggest are silver dollar size and the smallest one is penny size, 1 GBR breeding pair, 8 assorted danios, 5 Amano shrimp, 15 nerite snails and several rams horn,10 khuli loaches mixed black and banded.

Who should I move where and any aquascaping ideas?

Do some african cichlids in the 55, or if you really want something cool, do a Discus tank for the 55. I'd also recommend shell dwelling cichlids for the 10 or 15. I have 2 Gold Occelatus inside of a 4 gallon right now, so you could probably do up to 10 in the 15, or 5-7 in the 10. Make sure if you decide to go with shell dwellers that you have at least 1 shell per fish (obviously lol), and use a sand substrate instead of gravel. They like to fan sand up over their shells to bury them.

You might also think about making a mangrove tank. They're pretty cool, especially with mud skippers and fiddler crabs.

In the 17 gallon tank, i would say setup an iwagumi with HC and a school of ember tetras or some furcata rainbows. In the 55 different types of larger rainbows like boesmanis or red rainbows would look nice with tall plants.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom