Why is my tank so cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tdukes22

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok i have a 14g tank Which I had about two months and a 55g I've had about three weeks, I was wondering y in my 14g is it so cloudy and my55g is clear a a bell. I only have my Pleco in the 14 n 6 zebra dianos 5 tetras 2 mickey mouse fish and a sunburst platy. Can someone please help me out

Is your water white cloudy or Dark cloudy? I am assuming that it is a bacteria bloom which was caused from the water quality, usually caused by New-tank setup (Not the problem in your case), overfeeding, overstocking (Which seems to be the cause As I know of), Meds., or Ph not balanced.

My best solution is to do 25-50% water changes everyday until it goes away. And since your going to put these fish in the 55 once its cycled, You shouldnt have this in the tank. :)

p.s What are your parameters?

Tyler

ejaramillo01 said:
If I read correctly you have all the fish in the 14G, maybe is cloudy because looks overcrowded to me.
Just my opinion.

No all my fish r in the 55g lol

tyspot1000 said:
Is your water white cloudy or Dark cloudy? I am assuming that it is a bacteria bloom which was caused from the water quality, usually caused by New-tank setup (Not the problem in your case), overfeeding, overstocking (Which seems to be the cause As I know of), Meds., or Ph not balanced.

My best solution is to do 25-50% water changes everyday until it goes away. And since your going to put these fish in the 55 once its cycled, You shouldnt have this in the tank. :)

p.s What are your parameters?

Tyler

No I don't overfeed cuz when I feed him he eats it up n he's by his-self in there n all my other fish r in the 55 n the water is great

Back
Top Bottom