Will my fish survive ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishaFishay

Aquarium Advice Regular
6 days ago I woke up to find a crack in my 10 gal fish tank and I immediately covered it with a piece of plastic and moved my fish (1 female betta , molly , and guppy , 2 ghost shrimp.) to my 5.5 gal fish tank that homed a female guppy and her 2 three week old guppy fry . Unfortunately my cherry shrimp died :( . My water perimeters are good in that tank and I have a Top Fin Power Head 10 and a Tetra heater that keeps it at 78°F . I have 3 Amazon swords and a Fern in there . I used stress zyme to keep the tank stable and plan on doing 25% water changes per week . My dad is buying me another tank in about a month . Will they survive till then ? They act normal to me and there not fighting .

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1421712266524.jpg
    1421712266524.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 66
They should be fine since it's only short term, but keep an eye on your parameters. In a smaller body of water, any waste will be less diluted.

I'd say up your water changes a little-- try doing 20-25% twice a week to keep nitrates down.

Be extra careful not to overfeed, too-- you don't have as much room for error in a 5.5G as you would with a 10!

Back
Top Bottom