Will this set up work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ET318

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. I am currently in the process of setting up a new tank. I am not very experienced with fish care so I am trying to do as much research as I can going into this. I have purchased a 10 gallon tank with a 75 gallon per hour filter. I was wondering if a selection of 1 Dwarf Gourami, 6 Neon Tetras, and 4 Cory Catfish would work? I originally wanted Dwarf Cory but I cannot seem to find any in my area. I would certainly be willing to change the numbers or species but I would like to keep at least some kind of catfish and some fish that will be more "flashy" so to speak.
So to be clear, I am asking if
1 dwarf gourami
6 neon tetras
4 cory catfish
will be able to live together in a 10 gallon tank?

I have a 10G tank too. I have 10 Neon Tetras, 3 Guppies and 2 Panda Cory Cats. They all seem fine. I lost one Guppy yesterday.

As for equipment I have a Fluval Aqua Clear 30 power filter which is 150 GPH. And have a Tetra 30-60 Air Pump with an airline in both back corners of the tank with a small stone. I had a bubble wall but I got rid of that. I turn the air pump off at night. :fish2::fish1: :band:

Hello. I am currently in the process of setting up a new tank. I am not very experienced with fish care so I am trying to do as much research as I can going into this. I have purchased a 10 gallon tank with a 75 gallon per hour filter. I was wondering if a selection of 1 Dwarf Gourami, 6 Neon Tetras, and 4 Cory Catfish would work? I originally wanted Dwarf Cory but I cannot seem to find any in my area. I would certainly be willing to change the numbers or species but I would like to keep at least some kind of catfish and some fish that will be more "flashy" so to speak.
So to be clear, I am asking if
1 dwarf gourami
6 neon tetras
4 cory catfish
will be able to live together in a 10 gallon tank?

They should work fine, but you should get a minimum of 10-12 neon tetras, be patient and respect the cycling.

Tanks to small for all that. It will work if you keep water parameters in check but it's really not ideal for any of the fish you listed

Back
Top Bottom