Anenome has sucked itself in the nano skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so upset after looking at it...foot is tore...it will not make it....it was getting close to my powerhead last night so I turned it off...maybe I should of left it on....I do not want to take the chance of loosing the whole tank...

Last edited:
C4F, how wide is your tank? I hope you know that a BT can get to be a little over 12".

I had a very small one, figured he would be in the tank for awhile...now I am just trying to figure out if I should get another one

Seems like this would be a good reason NOT to get another one.:eyes:

Matt

There is a big +1.

If it was constantly moving, it was not happy. They will do anything to find a place they like, including doing things like this. I would STRONGLY recommend against another.

I almost learned the hard way as well man. One of my anemones climbed on to my heater and scorched itself. Came home and he looked horrible. Got lucky bc he climbed onto the glass so I pulled him off. Btw when I seen him climb on the heater was obviously off. Either way I figured it would happen. I yanked him out. Then the other one I had split a day later?! The one that spawned is now all of a sudden moving every where but the main one is completely fine and never moves I don't get it. I may just eventually take em both out. I find them to be hard to deal with and not worth it

Not to mention that as they move they sting every coral that's in it's way. Every one should consider an animals adult size when adding them to your system. I am not blaming anyone here but I thought it would be a good time to say it...

I understand this they are about the size of a half dollar. So not big by no means but when try move they CAN go anywhere they want.

leave the Aneomes in the ocean, they dont do well in aquariums and live very short lifes. I read about someone who kept one alive for 5 years. In the wild they live 30+ years.

I agree man. I plan on probably taking mine out. Only problem is I have no where to put them when I do

Back
Top Bottom