Angelfish problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grease

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got up this morning n looked at my coral beauty angelfish. He lost alot of the purple in him. It more white now. Don't know why!! Need some help!!!!

Just to be sure, this wasn't right after the lights came on was it? Fish almost always lose their color at night, but color back up after the lights are on for a while.

I was do a water change this morning for a couple hrs. Just turned the lights on a little bit ago. He is acting a little strange though. Hiding in rock when he's normally out grazing

color fading is also a sign of stress,,plus you say he's hiding now..
How long have you had him..He may just be stressing because of the WCing

We had him for about 4 months. I do a wc every week. He never looked like that before. I use to feed my fish every day but I was overfeeding them. Now I do every other day. Thought maybe it could be lack of food?

Hmm,,who told you that you were overfeeding..
I feed my tank 3x a day ,everyday..Not saying you should do that,but once a day isn't bad IMO...Could be lack of proper nutrition..What do you feed him?

I stopped feeding everyday cuse I had an outbreak of cyano. I was told by my lfs that's it bc I was feeding them to much. I feed them mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, marine cuisine. That's the frozen ones. Feed them pellets too. I was thinking about getting the frozen algae n clipping it in the tank for him. Good idea?

The outbreak is caused by lots of things ,not just feeding..I would stop with the brine and mysis..I just never been a big fan of them...That angel needs nori and/or seaweed selects,formula 2,mega marine angel preparations ,krill ,some spinach,broccoli and carrots ...I feed mine all of it and some other stuff

I'm gonna go get some seaweed n or nori. Just curious, is the brine n mysis just not good nutritionally for the angel?

Pretty much...get some frozen krill and table shrimp,,,they need meat too...but definitely get the seaweed at the very least

Ok thanks. What kind of angel fish do u have?

Nice. Don't think I ever seen one of them

Back
Top Bottom