Anthelia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got a Anthelia Frag...it actually came in the mail dead when i received it..but the person that sent it to me told me to rinse it off and try to put it in my tank anyways. So now its in my tank and its starting to break apart....the coral is breaking into separate sections if that makes any sense... its like the "weeds" are snapping off the rocks. Should i reattact these "Weeds" back onto rocks wiht a rubber band?

Anthelia is virtually impossible to kill. In all likelyhood the little pieces, especially the "heads", will recover and start to grow. You can either rubberband them to a rock or use super glue gel and glue them to a rock.

wow they are all falling apart though? just stick them back to a piece of rock huh?

It sounds like there dead, gone, not worth messing with. I would leave the rock it came on in the tank and see if anything left on the LR will grow. See if they can send you some more. My friend ships out frags to people in those cheap plastic thermos bottles. Maybe that will help if its shipped in that.

I may be biased but if the stalk is intact even if it is releasing itself from the rock, it can survive. If some of the stalk is decomposing or dissolving, cut it away from the rest. I could be droopy for a week or more and then come back. If you have snails and crabs, they will go after the coral if it is decomposing.

Post another pic :)

Very hard for the stuff to actually die.

okok when i have time i will post pics, seaham what kinda frags does your friend have? is he willing to ship/

Don't think shipping in a thermos is going to be better than in a in a bag. The bag will have more air. The box had 1" of insulation, was triple bagged and had a heat pack.

I know people that thermos trade and it is normally a spring/summer thing. The temps are making it hard to ship stuff. Especially 2 day.

UHH>> wonder where the frag came from?? lol
Not questioning any ones shipping method.. Just tossed out an alternative method to ship stuff that has little or no chance of leaking or being crushed.

Anthelia may be like xenia when it comes to shipping, the xenia has a poor survival rate according to my LFS. They would give you decent credit for xenia frags.

Thermos are usually filled with styrofoam also only less of it. Sounds like a neat idea but probably expensive. I think the box would work better. More insulation and also more volume to maintain the temp. What if you put each frag in a thermos and put all the thermoses in a styrofoam shipping box? :D

Back
Top Bottom