Barred rabbitfish with finrot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecolover18

Aquarium Advice Freak
My barred rabbit fish that I had for about a month seems to have finrot on his anal fin. I added in some Melfix earlier today. He lives in a 75 gallon with a blenny , false percula clowns, and a staghorn damsel. His skin is nice and neat but his anal fin worries me. Is finrot fatal? And is there other ways to treat it? I plan on doing a water change tomorrow!

Thanks

Plecolover18

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There are a few things you can do: continue with the Melafix and add Pimafix (I'd start with this). If after a week the fin rot isn't clearing you can get a broad spectrum antibiotic. Hope your fish feels better soon! (and if he has tank mates I'd separate him away. Some Stress Coat would also help him heal faster. )

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
There are a few things you can do: continue with the Melafix and add Pimafix (I'd start with this). If after a week the fin rot isn't clearing you can get a broad spectrum antibiotic. Hope your fish feels better soon! (and if he has tank mates I'd separate him away. Some Stress Coat would also help him heal faster. )

Hope this helps!

I'll try that if it doesn't work I'll keep in touch.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom