Black Ick on Yellow Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boxster said:
I saw a few pin size black spot on my Yellow Tang tail. Will hyposalinity treat this black ick? He is in QT now.
It should work just fine if it is Turbellarian worms (Paravortex). Just be sure to follow the directions carefully for >>hyposalinity<< and be watchful of the ph/alk while the fish is being treated. It has a tendancey to drop off. You have ruled out lympho and fungus?

Any other fish in the tank will also be affected so hopefully the tang was introduced to the QT on arrival. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Lymphocystis will generally appear as a rough lump much like a wart and somewhat greyish in appearance. Fungus will look similar but white and will have a cotton like appearance. I realize you have stated the affliction is black in appearnace but hypo will have no affect on the two I've mentioned so I just want to rule out other possibilities.

If the hypo is effective you are in the clear and I would honestly suggest you proceed on that assumption for now. The hypo treatment will not adversley affect the tang when done correctly and you will be sure of a healthier parasite free fish.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom