Blastomussa doing bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrg02d

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all,
I have had this blastomussa welsi for a month or so and it has been doing bad for the last 3 weeks. When i first got it, it was alright. After a day or two it became very NICE! Very inflated! It extended its feeders every night.I fed it a few times during the first week and it seemed to really enjoy that. Then, all of a sudden, the blasto took a turn for the worst! It barely inflates at all now, and NEVER eats anything! Its skeleton is showing through the fleshy part of it. At night, its mouth is gaping really bad. (Still wont eat).

I did get new ATI t5 lights, but I made sure to put it down in the shade. No matter where it goes, it seems to be doing poorly. I tried giving it a little more light, but still nothing. No other corals have any problems, and fish are all fine. No toxins in the water either.

Any ideas? I am considering moving it to my 2.5g pico tank that has PC lighting.

Matt

Are any of the livestock bothering it? Any dwarf angels in the tank? Water test results? What wattage is your light system vs the tank size? Just some questions off the top of my head.

Nothing has been bothering it for any extended period of time. I had my sixline wrasse snatch a piece of mysis from it some time ago.

No angels...
Tankmates: 2-clowns, 1-6line, 1-strawbery baslet, skunk cleaner shrimp, and a handful of hermits, snails, and other crabs (emerald and pom pom).

Water:
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0
phosphates:0
KH: 9dKH
Calcium: 480ppm
pH: 8.2
salinity: 1.026
temp: 79F

My lighting is a current usa sundial 24in 96w T5 with 3-ATI blue plus and 1-ATI aquablue special
I was reading of spontaneous blastomussa death. People have been finding their blastos to just die despite ideal conditions. They just stop accepting food and then wither away. I moved it into my 2.5g pico that has PC lighting to see if it recovers, but its not looking good.

Blastos suck.
Matt

Interesting. I had several in my system and never had any issues with them nor did I feed them directly.

All I can think is flow and lighting. If you don't have fish bothering them that is pretty much all that's left.

Yeap, its a mystery to me. Its still alive, but looking terrible. Its in my little 2.5g tank with PC lighting. Nothing to bother it but copepods. Flow is much less too, so maybe less light and less flow will make it happy. My 20g has a lot of light and a lot of flow (over 1000GPH).

Matt

Back
Top Bottom