bubble tip anenome help fast please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a bubble tip last night and i put it in the tank. Now i know they will wonder around until the find a place that they like. But mine has seemed to stop in between some rocks were it is dark. Will he come out to the light or do i need to move him? Or should i give it a few days?

Are the lights on in the tank now. Usually when adding new livestock it is wise to leave the lights off for at least 24-48 hours to give the new addtion time to adjust. This is especially important if your lighting set up differs from where the critter came. What kind of lighting do you have? I would guess that the anemone will move around some more once it has adjusted to its new surroundings.

I have power compacts in my tank. About 290 watss of light in a 65 gallon tank. The store i got it from had regular floreceants. So do you think i am frying it since there is som much more light in my tank then where it was at?

So should i give it a few days to see if it comes out? It almost acted like it wanted out of the light. As soon as i put it in the tank it started to head that way. Into the shade

So just wait huh? Is it just aclimating to the light and the new tank and everything. I mean is this normal. Everyone says that anemones require alot of light. Well mine RAN from it. Just wanting to know if this is normal. I want him/her to be happy.

The anemone will extend itself towards the light when it is ready. Never try to move the anemone or interfere with it "settling" unless there is danger of it being damaged by a PH or other equipment. As the others have said all you can do is play the waiting game.

Since it came from a lower lit tank, it may take a little more time to adjust to the new intensity. What color was the anemone when you purchased it?

What are your water paraameters and age of the set up?

Cheers
Steve

The color of the anemone in the store tank was a brown to light brown color with Bright pink tips. It looks very healthy compared to pics that i have seen. his mouth is shut and i know that is good. I mean he looks great just hiding right now. My parameters are

ph- 8.2
amm-o
nitrate-0
nitrite-0
salinty-1.023
and the tank has been running about 8 months. Everything i have in the tank is flurrishing. I have only had one fish die

All seems fine except the salinity. The anemone will do much better in the 1.025-26 SG range depending on the tank temp.

I think at this point you should leave it be and just watch to ensure it does not get to close to a PH or other intake apparatus. It should eventually find a happy place and settle down. Some anemone's can take a few weeks to find the right spot after being introduced to a new home....

Cheers
Steve

mine did the same thing and is still half shaded but eats good !! i thought the same thing about the lighting but seams do be doing fine ive had him for at least 4-5 months now !! just make sure ya feed it raw shrimp/clam(i think it likes better imo)
a few x a week

what about silversides? Are those ok to feed them or not? Well i hope everything goes ok. Also the salinity is 1.024 not 1.023

brndfrb said:
what about silversides? Are those ok to feed them or not?
Soft fleshy seafoods are best without bone or shell. Some use silversides but as a rule I recommend you do not feed the anemone as long as food is being fed for fish. If this is an invert only tank with no "general" feedings, then small portions a few times per month is okay but I would not recommend more than once a week at most.

Also the salinity is 1.024 not 1.023
At what temp?

Cheers
Steve

Then you should be fine but at the next water change I would still eek that up 1 point.

Cheers
Steve

He finally came out a little bit. He is slowing moving to where there is alot of light lets hope he moves out a little more. I fed him last night and i think it made him very happy. I don't think the petstore had fed him at all.

I hav had a rose anemone in my 26-gallon for over 4 months now. When I first added her she hid in the darkest spot for about a day, then was very small for about a week. After three months the split and is happy and healthy still. I agree with increasing the specific gravity a little, slowly. Mine is 1.025. Good luck! :p

Back
Top Bottom