Clown Goby ich!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dingusplease

Aquarium Advice Addict
I noticed a small, white spot/sphere on the head of my green clown goby, Julius, today. I think it might be ich! I have never had a case of ich, and I am not sure that this is it.

All tank params are fine, and Julius has been eating normally. Can anyone help me diagnose this white spot? It is the only one I can see so far. The only recent additions to the tank have been two sexy shrimp, a mated pair. Also, I'm sorry if the spot is hard to see, it looks like a grain of salt stuck to Julius' head.

Also, what can I do to treat Julius? From what I've found, there aren't any reef safe treatments, but are there any that could work in a temporary qt?

Thanks very much for any help!

Its really hard to tell. It doesn't look like ich but I can't be sure. Keep an eye on it if anymore develop then its ich. It will look like tiny grains of sand.

Ok -- thank you. I truly hope it isn't ich, I love my little clown goby :). My first thought was that it isn't ich, just bc there is only one spot and all the cases I've seen start with at least like 3 or 4.

I will keep a very close eye on it!

Thanks melosu, the treatment articles are very helpful. Also, I must admit I don't quarantine new corals or inverts (and I only have one fish.)

Back
Top Bottom