Clownfish ill?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i got a clown from the person i bought my rocks from for free by the time we came home he was stressed out 3hr ride when i got home the salinity he was in on the car ride was low he was barely alive so i put him in my QT and he recovered a week passes fin and hes doing fine and all of a sudden these white spots and bumps start coming up on his body and having freshwater fish before i thought it was ich so i started to treat him with copper and a week has gone by he eats fine and is active but still has bumps and white little spots on him? Any clue what it is or is it just ich that hasnt gone away? Please help

If it is ich, although 3-7 days is the normal time the parasite exists on the visible form, it can be longer.
Google ich and see if the pics match. If they do, keep treating for the recommended time (4 weeks I think) and then keep it in the QT tank without meds for another 4 weeks.

I'm not expert so do research but it might be Broolynella . symptoms are,, color fade, breathing slows, doesn't eat spits food back out. and is common in Clownfish.

He eats fine very healthy nice color very active everytime i come into the room he always comes to the front

I'm not expert so do research but it might be Broolynella . symptoms are,, color fade, breathing slows, doesn't eat spits food back out. and is common in Clownfish.

Quite the contrary, with Brooklynella the respiration drastically increases as the fish often will gasp for air at the surface or they'll swim directly into a powerhead because their gills get filled with mucus. Along with the slime output which is a sure tell sign that it is Brooklynella.

Best regards!

Back
Top Bottom