corals dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dingodan

Aquarium Advice Activist
about 10 days ago i bought a few corals from the store along with some echotech coral glue and glued them and some other pre existing corals to rock structures. all my corals didnt like it too much as i was rumaging around the tank for an hour.. a couple days later they started to open up again except for all my mushrooms and polyps. my mushrooms are now almost all dead and polyps showin very small signs of life. done 2 25% water changes since then parameters all good and put a fresh carbon filter pad in the sump... i have previously lost all my macroalgae in the refugium and am now getting unwanted algae growth in it but other than that everything seems fine? any suggestions appreciated!

Test your water and post your results

PH
Salinity
Ammonia
Nitrate
Nitrite

More information is needed.

Algae growth is a sign of excess nutrients...

ph 8.4
salinity 32
alk 2.3 ish
nitrite 0
nitrate 2
amonia 0.25

How long has this tank been set up?

What kind of lighting do you have? Can you take and post some pics please?

Did u glue the mushrooms and polyps directly to your rock because they do not like to be in direct contact with glue..to correctly mount them you must let them attach themselves to rubble or a plug then glue that

did not get any glue on the actual mushrooms just the rocks they were attatched to. had tank for about 3 years weekly water changes 25 gallon with 5 gallon sump/refugium 150w metal halide 14k bulb. ever since i installed my sump/refugium about 3 months ago started losing alot of coraline in my display tank while it is growing in my refugium, though the corals have been thriving until i used this glue and added the few more corals

Back
Top Bottom