Dead watchmen goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bray84

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi so on Sunday I got a watchmen goby seemed ok when put in tank after it dripped for over 1hr. Then next day looked weak and fin near end off tail look bad and swollen and today the third day it's dead. Could it been ill or something attack it. Water test are fine and fish in tank are two clowns. Cardinal. A clown goby. Royal gramma and Longfin Fairy Wrasse. Thanks for any input

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, it could have been sick but it sounds more like aggression killed your goby. Between the clowns, gramma, and wrasse it is a guessing game at this point.

Only evidence is wrasse picking at the dead body when first had look to see it

Yeah they eat better than me at times lol just getting mixed view when reading up on the wrasse but I got clown goby aswell so will keep eye out and see if they fight

Wrasses are sometimes d*cks, and they do love easy meals... If it was missing its tail i wouldnt put it past the wrasse. I feel like the clownfish wouldnt be able to take the tail, little pieces but not the whole thing

Back
Top Bottom