Dieing zoa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a zoa frag and yesterday 2 of my red legged hermits were climbing on and around it, i got a closer look and found that 2 of the heads looked like skeletons and were missing the heads heres a pic-

image-1037069768.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic im useing an ipad

They look fine to me. My hermits and everything else climb all over my zoas and have never done any harm.

No i mean the 2 of the heads are completely gone except for a white see through stub where each were

Zoas don't have a skeleton and they just look retracted to me too.

Zoas don't have a skeleton and they just look retracted to me too.

...... Alright. I know what it looks like when a zoa retracts! These look eaten and there are see through stubs sticking out where the heads were. You probably cant see it, its in the empty patxh on the pic.

...... Alright. I know what it looks like when a zoa retracts! These look eaten and there are see through stubs sticking out where the heads were. You probably cant see it, its in the empty patxh on the pic.

If they look to be eaten I'd check for zoa eating nudibranchs.

Ok guys i moved it to the sand bed and its gotten worse :( i think its my emerald crab, hes attacked my mushrooms before...

image-959597560.jpg

And what it was a couple weeks ago

image-56153608.jpg

Back
Top Bottom