Disappearing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Presto

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my 90 gallon tank running for 5 months now and I just lost 3 fish. 2 black clowns and a sailfin tang. They did appear a little lethargic before passing, however there is no trace of them in my tank.

I would start by testing your water and seeing where your parameters are. Also check your other fish for any signs of illness in case there is something in your tank.

What other fish do you have in the tank? Unfortunatly, when fish go missing like that they are usually dead. You would be astounded how your clean up crew will take care of a fish in a matter of hours leaving no trace.

So all of my parameters are good ammonia nitrite and nitrate as well as ph. No clicking sounds to speak of

might be a stupid question, but have you checked behind the tank on the floor? how about in the overflow?

Ya, I looked everywhere even lifted up some rocks to see if they were under them

My fish did that too! A nasty case of ick wiped out all but two fish in my tank while I was at school! And one of them is nowhere to be seen!

Back
Top Bottom