Duncan Coral looks sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Triple_R18

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone I've had my Duncan for about 2 months and everything was going great. All of a sudden 3 days ago he started to look pretty bad. His mouth has been open and it seems he is shedding from his stem. There also appears to be white eggs coming out of his mouth. Does any one know what's wrong? :/

Ok let's see if this works now

Your link isn't working right. With photobucket, when you are looking at the picture you should be able to select from different options on the right side. If you copy the 'img' link it will show your picture directly when pasted in your post.

Can you tell us more about the tank? Current parameters are important.
Your duncan is stressed. When the mouth opens up like that, a big sign of it. Then when it starts throwing up zooxanthellae, yet another sign. So basically, something is happening in the tank that wasn't going on earlier.

Can you tell us more about the tank? Current parameters are important.
Your duncan is stressed. When the mouth opens up like that, a big sign of it. Then when it starts throwing up zooxanthellae, yet another sign. So basically, something is happening in the tank that wasn't going on earlier.
I'm really new to the hobby. I have gotten my ammonia nitrate and phosphates tested at my local fish store. They didn't tell me the numbers I have to post here but they said everything was good.
Recently I added a torch coral and a pound and a half of live rock to get some coralline algae started. That's pretty much all I've done so far

Don't trust the 'good' answer. You need to get yourself an API test kid to test your ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. That is the start for that.
Has there been any changes to the system before this happened? When was your last water change? Are you doing 10% weekly to keep parameters in check?

Don't trust the 'good' answer. You need to get yourself an API test kid to test your ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. That is the start for that.
Has there been any changes to the system before this happened? When was your last water change? Are you doing 10% weekly to keep parameters in check?

Ok I'll start with that. Should I also buy a test kit for calcium, magnesium, and alkalinity?
There hasn't been any changes except for the live rock I added and the torch coral. I have been doing water hanged 10% every Tuesday. So I'll be doing one tomorrow.

Don't worry about that right now...work on the basics. As long as you are doing water changes, a minimally stocked tank doesn't see fluctuations with that.

Back
Top Bottom