evil crab and lazy snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Navyboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 identical tanks, both contain 4 turban snails 8 tiny hermit crabs 1 anenome and 1 emerald green crab.
The snails and emerald crab are new additions.
The hermits and the anenomes seem to be just loving life, but the snails just lay there not moving, some face down some face up and 1 of my emerald green crabs performs a dailey attack on the anemone. The other crab is well behaved, they both have plenty of food, but one just insists on attacking the anemone and im cannot figure out why. Is this normal behavior? And why arnt my snails moving? Any advice?
Both tanks read about the same.
[FONT=&quot]Ammonia, nitrate and nitrite levels are nono existantkh is 120 and ph is 8.4 to 8.6[/FONT]

Wait, you are saying your nitrates are 120?! That is why your snails aren't doing anything. In terms of inverts, above 20 is bad. You need to do a PWC asap!

hahah noo lol
[FONT=&quot]Ammonia, nitrate and nitrite levels are non existent, kh is 120 and ph is 8.4 to 8.6
my bad on the typo
[/FONT]

Snails do more at night there more nocturnal , walk in on them in middle of the night with a small light , bet you catch them zooming around the tank doing there job , you could prob catch other life you didn't know was in there!! I still find new things everyday

54seaweed said:
Snails do more at night there more nocturnal , walk in on them in middle of the night with a small light , bet you catch them zooming around the tank doing there job , you could prob catch other life you didn't know was in there!! I still find new things everyday

+1 at night under my dim moonlights there are snails EVERYWHERE!! One night my wife was yelling for me to look and I literally had 20-25 nassarius all over the glass!! Another night there were 100's of copepods all over the glass and shooting around the tank. The above poster is 100% correct, night time is just as fun, sometimes more fun IMO, I'll just stare at it for hours until I'm about to pass out. It's awesome.

My emerald crab seems to host my hammer coral. I bet it's not attacking it, Probaly loves it. I did read that emerald crabs are know to host condy nems.

Back
Top Bottom