Flame angel help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
My flame angel have been doing well for months, but today, its skin seems to be some peeling, not a lot, but its quite visible. What causes it? I don't have a pic. My water specs are ok. And I feed them with different things everyday, mussles, blood worms, mysis/brine shrimp, plankton, flakes. Those food named above are with Nori, everyday, meaning morning would be Nori everyday, (green or red ), then at night would be one of those. The flame angel was still doing well in the morning, but now (evening) it became like that. It is still very active, and eating well. Could it be the adding of a UV sterilizer causes it? BTW I drip the correct amount of vitamin C to the tank (dosage given by the bottle). And the flame angel peeling is only on one side.

I highly doubt its the UV. Unless you got the UV light over the tank or your fish swam thru the UV filter, both of which I highly doubt. The UV only afects the life that is acutally in contact with the UV light.

I think I'm just being paranoid. Its ok today, no more peeling sign. And no scar. Do they changes their colour of gills suddenly? Maybe its just that. Hmm so confuse abt angels. :?:

Back
Top Bottom