Frogspawn kill gramma?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erichm20

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Fish was swimming fine earlier today and ate fine. Then about 30 minutes ago I noticed it was lying on its side under a frogspawn. When I moved the fish it's mouth was gaping wide open and all fins are sticking out. His body is stiff and slightly twisted and it twitches occaisionally.

Gramma has been in DT for 1 week after 1 month in the qt. drip acclimated him. Tank mates are 1 rusty angel and 1 small occ. clown.

78* sg: 1024. Ph 8.1 am 0 n02: 0. No3: 0. Po4: .05. CA 420 dkh: 12. Mg: 1200

The angel picked on it a little bit but after 2 days it was fine swimming around and eating.

Ive heard of anemone eating fish but Has anyone heard of a euphyllia killing a fish?

There is no way the frogspawn killed your gramma. Crabs and tube anemones get similar raps when they get caught consuming an already dead fish. It is more likely that it wasn't doing well due to being harassed, stressed it out, and died. The fish eating doesn't mean that it is healthy. I just had a flame angel die in my fowlr tank that was eating.

Yea i really didn't think it was the culprit just thought I'd ask. I'm sure it was the stress from the angel... At least the corals are doing good

Back
Top Bottom