help me help my chain link eel, please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

minwaters

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to the forum, havent even filled out a profile yet. I'm here because I'm desperate for information. Ready.. here goes,

I've had my eel for a year. My tank had a horrible case of BROOKLYNELLA, and alas before i could find information about what was going on in my tank, it killed everything in less than 24 hours.. everything but this eel, and a chocolate chip star fish.

He was the only one in the tank for a long time (you can imagine how heartbroken we were when everyone died.. kinda lost spirit until recently i suppose). In december we added a jewel damel, wouldnt have been my friend of choice.. it was a present.

He was always a good eater. Too good perhaps? Throughout this journey to find whats wrong, i think ive learned that they will over eat? We were feeding him freeze dried brine shrimp, which he loved. He was always out and about during the day and was quite fun to watch.

About 4/5 weeks ago we noticed a white spot on his face. Small, salt looking. (watching closely, assuming its ich).. right around the same time was when the damsel was added.

This spot never multiplied, the damsel seems completely fine. The eel seemed to be very dormant. I couldnt tell if it was because of the damsel being a pain in everything neck (my poor thermometer took quite the beating a few nights in a row) .. or if my eel was just being an eel.

well, the spot is .. a little puffier? and when i looked in the tank today.. ITS COMPLETELY RED!

Let me add that my readings this morning were all within parameters.

I'm more than frustrated with looking for information. I'm hoping with this forum, ill find a place i can turn to, and hopefully i can love having a saltwater tank again.

thank you for reading!

Attachments

• fish 049.jpg
    fish 049.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 96
Ok Min, I personally have no idea what that is but I'm not the best guy here for it, however I know that we all need to know what your exact parameters are. An accurate timeline of the spots' appearance, growth etc might help also.
Thanks and I hope we can solve this. :)

Looks to me like it injured itself and that is an open wound. If so, you would need an antibacterial med and a QT tank.

Back
Top Bottom