HELP!! Sick hippo tangs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dickerson0820

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My hippos have torn, ragged fins and tails. They have a white film that resembles cracks. Swimming around like normal and eating fine. No labored breathing and no rubbing or scratching. There is no aggression between tank mates. They have been in the tank over a year. Came from Cali. Tank raised. Did a major system clean and water change 2 weeks ago before adding my first coral frags. All water params. are normal and everyone else in the tank looks fine. Please help I waited 2 years for my tank to be ready for these guys and I would hate to loose them. Thanks, Nichole.

Does it look like the skin is peeling? a similar problem occured to another AA member's fish. called columnaris, try searching it on here and click on the thread called "whats happening?". theres pics.

is that the one? good luck!

What size tank? What are you feeding? They need plenty of vegetable matter. Dried seaweed or Spirulina flakes will fit the bill. Also it`s mot ich is it? You dont see what looks like salt sprinkles on it.

What size tank? What are you feeding? They need plenty of vegetable matter. Dried seaweed or Spirulina flakes will fit the bill. Also it`s mot ich is it? You dont see what looks like salt sprinkles on it.

75 gal. feeding both seaweed and spirulina flakes and some frozen as well and alternate morning and night. No salt sprinkles, first thought is was ich, but doesn't seem like it.

Does it look like the skin is peeling? a similar problem occured to another AA member's fish. called columnaris, try searching it on here and click on the thread called "whats happening?". theres pics.

is that the one? good luck!

checked out the pics, not quite what they have, but thanks.

Standard list of questions

How many gallons is the tank? 100
How long ago did the cycle complete? 2 Year
Filtration both mechanical and biological?
How much LR?
Describe the lighting units (type bulbs, total wattage) and photo period
What are the current water parameters? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, salinity, temp, calcium and alkalinity. Please post numbers of results.
What else is in the tank (livestock and equipment)?
What has changed (food, additives, pwc schedule, etc.)?

Please try to post a photo.

Back
Top Bottom