Heniochus Butterfly Ques.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldfishead

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi everyone !!!
maybe someone could help; i've had my Heniochus for about 4 mons. now.
he eats well and seems happy ; occasionally goes into a head shaking or twitching spasm ??? does'nt do it alot or for very long .
now my dwarf lemmonpeel will occasionally harash him . he is the lastfish i've added to my tank .

ques. is : does anyone know if this behaveior is normal , stress or maybe an illness ???

Thanks so much --- oldfishead !!!!

thanks mel ;
no can't see any parasites at all on anyof my fish .
this has been his occasional behaveior just about from day one.
i thought it may be a form of some kind of stress due to my lemmonpeel; but by now my lemmonpeel has accecpted him and hassels him very little
no cant see any phicial problems. eats , swims and looks fine ???
my tank prams. all seem to be GOOD
any other thoughts ????
thanks --- oldfishead

Maybe it was some kind of reaction to the harrasment. Is he still doing it since they are getting along. BTW I am having a hard time calling someone oldfishead. It dont seem right. LOL

yes, my Bannerfish is still doing this , not as much nowadays .
i'm just curious if this is querk behaveior or is a illiness??

p.s. -- WE ARE WHAT WE LOOK LIKE !!!!!!

http://www.fantasyreef.com/database/index.php?p=getitem&db_id=7&item_id=75

I dont know oldfishead. I`ve never had a butterfly but I was just coming up with some things to help. You sais he was twitching and jerking. Do you have a ground probe. Could it be some small electrical current in the tank. Static electricity. Just a guess. Maybe he is more suseptable to it then the lemonpeel. Here is some more info on your fish.

I Have had a pair of henis for a couple of years now and they have displayed the same behavior. Most of the time they are always at the front of the tank when they do it. I have good water parameters the fish are healthy and eating well. I dont think it is anything to be concerned about.

thank god, someone that has banners
thanks jwright; now that you mention it mine usually displays this behaveior atthe front of the tank also.
i was hopeing someone would tell me its nothing to get concerned about , he acts very healthy
other than this occasional twitching thing. actually i was thinking STRESS from my lemmonpeel

thanks everyone---- oldfishead

hey, I have a foxface lo that does that in front of the tank glass too!!!! I never really gave it much thought. I wonder if they are looking at their reflection or something? My clown twitch at each other all the time. Its a mating thing.

Back
Top Bottom