I have a possible dying xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

otacon8020

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help please! I having a possibly dying xenia. I have a 30gal with three other corals and two fish that are doing great. My water parameters are all great as well as my salinity. The xenia was by its self in a corner. It was doing great for the past 5 days as some as I added the new lights and the extra powerhead it started to die the next day. My tank is 5 months old. The xenia is melting and turning purple and white, nothing has fallen of yet. should I get rid of it or give it a couple days!!

I'm not an expert but you should try to revive it in a separate tank with the same conditions it used to be thriving in.

NatureFish
????

Same this is happening to me!!! It's purple and it looks like it's melting but it doesn't have white. What happened to yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Xenia can be one of those corals that you can either keep or not. It seems that either the new lighting or the new flow is stressing it out. Did you acclimate the new lighting at all? That would be the main culprit I'd be looking at. A sharp spike in lighting can be stressful, like walking out of a dark room into a sunny day.

Back
Top Bottom