Ich Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrick seastar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone think this is ick? It sorta looks like it. What's your opinion? This fish has been in my tank 10 months & was quarantined & medicated. No signs of stress, swims & eats vigoresly. Noticed the speck last night. From what I know about Ick & it's life stages, there are only two ways it could have gotten into my tank since I quarantine & medicate all of my fish. The first way it by coming in as it's free swimming stage. The reason I say this is because I recently switched from bottled Catalina water to my LFS's ocean water that gets collected miles off the coast of Miami Beach by a company that I know doesn't sterilize their water since small crabs & sponges attach themselves to the water tanks of the LFS. The other way is by coming in on the shell of a red reef crab that I just added in it's incubation period. I didn't mind to quarantine it for two months which I should have. I'm gona keep a close eye on it & act if it does. In the meantime I think I'm switching back to bottled water just to be on the safe side.

Attachments

• DSC02182.jpg
    DSC02182.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC02185.jpg
    DSC02185.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC02187.jpg
    DSC02187.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC02200.jpg
    DSC02200.jpg